Welcome to Food & Nutrition
District 2 Food Services are provided by Sodexo. Cold and hot breakfasts and cold and hot lunches are provided every school day.
The School District participates in the USDA National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs, which means that all meals meet or exceed the guidelines and regulations for the School Meals Initiative for Healthy Children. There also will be a la carte foods available during lunch.
All food is prepared in the Blackhawk Middle School kitchen and delivered to the elementary schools. Food Services prides itself on plentiful and healthy choices at each meal.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Meals are now free for ALL BSD2 students!
Starting this year, District 2 will offer free breakfast and lunch to all students in Grades K-8.
The Illinois State Board of Education and the District 2 school board both approved the District’s participation in a different meals program - the USDA’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
In CEP, students will only need to present their ID cards in their school’s meal lines to receive a free meal.
- Families will no longer have to submit applications to receive free or reduced-price meals.
- Parents will no longer have to deposit money into RevTrak or My School Bucks, or send cash or checks to the school office to pay for meals.
- The District will contact parents with balances to arrange for refunds.
- À la carte items will still be available for cash purchases at Blackhawk Middle School.
- Parents that prefer to send their child with lunch can still do so if they choose.
- Milk can still be purchased by students not obtaining a regular meal.
- Lunch will be provided free of charge on field trip days.