Bensenville School District 2 is committed to providing access to the content on its website to all students, parents, and members of the community, including those with disabilities. The District makes every effort to conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines developed by the World Wide Web Consortium, as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Individuals who want to request an alternate version of any of District 2’s web content or ask questions regarding web accessibility or individuals who are unable to access any pages or documents on the District 2 website, can contact Tim Waldorf, Community Relations Coordinator, at 630-766-5940 ext. 1122 or email@example.com. Please indicate the nature of the accessibility or alternative format needs and the URL (web address) of the material.
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have attempted specifically to comply with Section 508 referring to website accessibility standards.