Teaching & Learning
Bensenville School District 2 has emerged as leaders across the state in transforming learning to the Illinois Learning Standards.
Dr. Anne Paonessa
Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
PH: 630-766-5940 ext. 1105
Grant Reporting Manager
PH: 630-766-5940 ext. 1111
Administrative Assistant for Teaching & Learning
PH: 630-766-5940 ext. 1124
Educational Administration Center
210 S. Church Rd.
Bensenville, IL 60106
7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Philosophy of Differentiation
A key component to implementing the Illinois Learning Standards is adopting a teaching philosophy of differentiation.
Priority Initiatives for Teaching and Learning
- Focus on Standards/Essential Understandings: Align with Illinois Learning Standards.
- Focus on Formative Assessment: Align with the state’s Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) accountability system with an emphasis on formative assessment.
- Focus on Data-Driven Decision Making: Ongoing analysis of data for instructional planning.
- Focus on Shared, Systemic, Strategic, Sustainable, Evidence-Based Strategies: Address both the adaptive challenges and technical procedures for change.
Guiding Principles for Academic Goals in Learning
- The child is at the heart of all decisions.
- High expectations for growth for all students guide the learning process.
- Curriculum is designed so clear, consistent, rigorous standards exist about what all students should know, understand, and be able to do across grades and disciplines.
- 21st century skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creative thinking are integrated within the curriculum.
- Local and state assessments are aligned with their purpose and use, and students are provided with ongoing feedback about their progress and are involved in self-assessment and goal setting.
- All students are provided with equal educational opportunities. District 2 will provide an educational climate and culture free of bias concerning the protected classifications identified in Policy 7:10, Equal Educational Opportunities.