- W.A. Johnson School
END-OF-YEAR HONORS: BSD2 Board celebrates staff achievements
During its May 18 meeting, the BSD2 Board of Education recognized the District's retirees and teachers who earned tenure this year, and it named the newest recipients of the District's Founders Award.
This award honors the “enduring contributions, exceptional quality, and a sustained commitment to the educational well-being of the children in Bensenville School District 2 schools,” and it was presented this year to the District’s team of school nurses.
"Our school nurses have always been a vital link between education and the health of our students and families. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly increased the demands placed on them in many ways," said Dr. Ray Lechner, Interim Co-Superintendent of Schools. "Throughout this uniquely challenging school year, their expertise as health care providers, and their thoughtful consideration of each child’s health and well being, were essential to our success."
Congratulations and thank you to …
- Janet Kutter, District Nurse
- Patricia Koehn, Nurse – Blackhawk
- Brandy Schuttler, Nurse – Johnson
- Natasha Webster, Nurse – Johnson
- Michelle Langston, Nurse – Tioga
- Annamarie Mendoza, Health Aide - Tioga
The District also celebrated the careers of two long-time BSD2 employees who retired this year: Mary Alvarado, a secretary for 26 years, and Felix Rivera, a bus driver for 20 years.
Tenure is the highest honor the BSD2 Board can bestow upon a teacher. The District celebrated 13 teachers who earned this honor this year:
BLACKHAWK MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Ashleigh Dunbaugh, Sixth-Grade Math Teacher
- Lauren Fabbri, Eighth-Grade Science Teacher
- Katelynn Klingler, Special Education Math and English/Language Arts Teacher
- Jennifer McGraw, Special Education Math Teacher
- Suzanne Richardson, Art Teacher
W.A. JOHNSON SCHOOL
- Nicole Brodsky, Fifth-Grade Teacher
- Mia Gutsell, Instructional Technology Specialist
- Bridget Tello, Kindergarten Teacher
- Jacqueline Valenzuela, Bilingual Second-Grade Teacher
- Ana Delgado, Bilingual Speech/Language Pathologist
- Elizabeth Esparza, Bilingual Kindergarten Teacher
- Amanda Hannapel, Fourth-Grade Teacher
- Marie Lizak, Pre-Kindergarten Special Education Teacher