- Bensenville School District 2
- News & Notifications
THE HYBRID MODEL: Need-to-know info about symptomatic students and confirmed COVID cases
There are lots of good questions about how schools will handle symptomatic students and confirmed COVID cases.
We’ve listed some of the most frequently asked questions on this topic below. Just click the links to learn the answers, which are based on guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- What if someone exhibits COVID symptoms while at school?
- What if the symptoms might be unrelated to COVID?
- How long must someone with COVID symptoms remain out of school?
- What happens when a student or staff member tests positive for COVID?
- Can students attend school if someone in their class (or on their bus) tests positive for COVID?
- Who should stay home if someone in a classroom tests positive for COVID?
- What if a classmate has to stay home because a member of their household tested positive for COVID?
- How will the school know who was in “close contact” with someone who tested positive for COVID?
- What if I was in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID, but it was not “close contact?”
- Who informs those determined to have been close contacts with someone who tested positive for COVID?
- What if the school or health department doesn't contact me about another person’s positive COVID test that might affect me?
- When will the District tell us about positive COVID cases in the school?
- How will the District use the certification given by parents each day?
- What are the cleaning and sanitation procedures for classrooms, washrooms, etc., in the school?
- Have there been any changes to enhance the ventilation systems in school buildings?
- How will outdoor spaces be utilized?
Here are all of the hybrid model messages we've sent in preparation for our return to in-person instruction on Tuesday, October 13:
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: District 2 returning to in-person instruction after Columbus Day
- Schedules and Cohorts
- Daily Requirements to Certify Your Student’s Health
- Symptomatic Students and Confirmed COVID Cases
- Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Ventilation
- Healthy Hygiene Practices
- Social Distancing Measures
- Face Coverings
- Material Sharing and Technology
- Restrooms and Hand Washing
- Transportation and Food Service
- Review of Daily COVID Student Health Certification.
- How to Decide if School are Open
This information can also be found in the BSD2 Reopening Plan and the BSD2 Reopening FAQ, both of which were revised on September 30.